Worldwide Shipping & Free Returns
ORDERS & PRODUCTS
All orders are subject to e-mail confirmation by us. Please note that the products displayed on the SemSem Site may be out-of-stock or discontinued, and availability is not guaranteed. Please note that while we have tried to accurately display the colors of products, the actual colors you see will depend on your monitor and may not be accurate.
All prices are in US Dollars. Prices may change without notice from time to time. Prices displayed on the website are exclusive of taxes. When you proceed to purchase your order, sales tax and customs duty (where applicable) will be calculated on the total merchandise value and shipping charges, and displayed on the Order Summary page. If you are shipping within the USA, sales tax will only be charged on orders shipped to New York and New Jersey. SemSem is not required to and does not collect sales or use tax in any other states, however your purchase may be subject to local use tax unless it is exempt from taxation. It is your responsibility as the customer to report any purchases of tangible personal property that have not been taxed by SemSem and pay use tax on those purchases unless exempt under local State law.
All SemSem orders are shipped from our warehouse in New Jersey. We currently ship via FedEx Ground (free) and FedEx 2nd Day Air ($30 expediting fee). Orders typically take one business day to process and are shipped the business day following order placement (this applies to all orders shipped). Unfortunately we cannot offer shipping to PO boxes. Shipping costs and sales tax (if applicable) will be included in the total amount calculated at checkout.
All international packages are sent via FedEx International or DHL which features tracking and typically gets orders out to all major markets within 3-5 business days ($30 fee). There may be local taxes and duties for your order depending on the destination country. If we are able to calculate these fees for you, they will be added to the total before you complete your order. For the countries where taxes and duties cannot be calculated, you will be required to pay them to the courier at delivery. Please contact your local customs office for more information. Outside the USA, some destinations are shipped to on a DDP (Delivery Duty Paid) basis, which means that all relevant import taxes and duties will be included in the final purchase price. The following countries are shipped to on a DDP (Delivery Duty Paid) basis: China Egypt Japan Saudi Arabia United Arab Emirates United Kingdom If a DDU (Delivery Duty Unpaid) destination is selected, product prices displayed are exclusive of all taxes and duties. As the recipient, you are liable for all import duties, customs and local sales taxes levied by the country you are shipping to; payment of these is necessary to release your order from customs on arrival. As we are unable to advise the amount this may be, we will always seek your confirmation by email prior to dispatching a DDU order. Please look out for this email to ensure timely dispatch of your order.
SHIPMENTS AND DELIVERY
You bear all risks of loss and damage to the products from the time the same have cleared our fulfillment house. Delivery is deemed complete and title to the products passes to you upon acceptance of shipment by a common carrier.
RETURNS, EXCHANGES AND REFUNDS
We want you to be 100% happy with your order! If for any reason you are not satisfied, making a return or exchange is easy.
1. Make a request for a Return Authorization (RA) number by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org within 20 days of receipt. All items must be returned new, unused and with all garment tags still attached. Returns that do not meet our policy will not be accepted and sent back to the customer. Garments purchased from department stores or specialty stores must be returned to the store in which it was purchased and may not be returned to our online store.
2. All orders arrive with a prepaid FedEx label to use when returning merchandise. We prefer that items are returned to us via our own service so that they are protected and insured. If you lose your prepaid return label, please email us at email@example.com. You can return using any secure means, but we may not accept the liability. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you intend to do this and send your purchase to the following address:
SemSem c/o Bergen Logistics
5903 West Side Avenue
North Bergen NJ 07047 USA
3. Shipping is complimentary on all exchanges; however, if you are based outside the US you will need to pay taxes and duties on this.
4. If your order has been sent to a destination within the US, all sales taxes will be refunded. Outside the US, customs duties and sales taxes are non-refundable through SemSem. However, you may be able to recover these by contacting your local customs bureau directly. As this may not be available for all countries, we recommend that you hire a customs broker if you wish to claim back duties on returned merchandise.
5. Once your package reaches the warehouse, please allow 3-7 business days (depending on peak times). Your refund will be credited to the original payment method or as store credit to your SemSem account. Please note that refunds can take up to 10 working days to show on your account due to varying processing times between payment providers.